Sunday, November 23, 2008

Absence - Christmas Ornament and being tagged

First of all, sorry that it takes me a while to post. I am/was terrible busy here, and that cuts down my internet time. Not only the garden, but also the house needed to get attention. There were some family events also that ate up some time. Plus daughters had their exams, Mike went through his back and girls are going to Europe next month, needing new passports, and so on, which means trips to Melbourne as well. And it won't get better until somewhere in February. My parents will be visiting us from Europe and we have planned a vacation and several trips together.


Christmas Ornament

Some days ago I got notice that Joan received her ornament. I chose a design from the 2008 issue for Christmas Ornaments of Just Cross Stitch Ornament. It's a design from Thea Dueck from Victoria Sampler, which is one of my favorite designers.

It started great, I ordered in several of the needed silks and had heaps of fun stitching this little house. However, I had REALLY troubles with the roof. It didn't fit, no matter what I did. To be sure to have the right fabric count I bought another batch of black Lugana, and stitched the roof again, it still didn't fit. Or the design is faulty - or - and that is more likely - I made somewhere a fault. I'm going to purchase the design for the other houses from Victoria Samplers and hopefully the more detailed description will enlighten me what I am doing wrong...lol. If anyone knows what point I'm missing here, feel free to tell me, I would really love to know about it. Because everybody here agreed that the house still looks cute I sent it off to Joan. She seemed to be pleased with it.

Christmas Ornament for Joan


Tagged again

I got tagged again - this time by Sadie. The rules are as following:

Here are the rules:
Find the 6th folder in your photos folder and then the 6th photo in it.
* Pray that you remember the details *
Post it on your blog
Tag 5 others, leave a comment to let them know they’ve been tagged.

Candle Wrap for Lori


The 6th folder of my webshots is called "Finishes 2007" - and the 6th picture is a candle wrapper I stitched for Lori, a member of I Love Cross Stitch Yahoo group. The design is half made by myself and half from an old old magazine. I took the basic idea from an old old magazine, but charted it on the pc, changed it to my likings and added parts free hand. Was the first time I did a candle wrapper....was the first time I got to know that something like a candle wrapper exists too....lol.

Garden

At least I finished weeding the veggie garden. Boy there are some weeds which I can't seem to kill no matter what I do. The higher ones aren't that bad. You just rip these out. But the deep creepers are the ones that are so bad. They are deep...they are lots, they work as an army. And they kill the plants you would like to keep. The slightest tiny bit of it is already enough to create another underground monster. You can even build a complete house over it...it won't give up. It comes from under it. You can hear it giggles, because you can't even reach it there. And I don't feel like using poison in my veggie garden. Besides, I tried to poison it in other parts of the garden, doesn't do much anyway. It "seems" to kill it. You turn around, have a happy dance. A week later it's back.
But right now I'm a happy camper because the garden changed from this



to this

6 comments:

Sadie said...

My goodness what a busy time! Your garden looks great, good luck with your battle with the weeds. Very pretty ornament.

Annie said...

You have been busy and you still have plenty to look forward to! The ornament is lovely as is the candle wrap. I have plans to do that ornament too and will let you know how I get on with the roof.

Anonymous said...

Great job with the garden! And love your house ornie! I am going to try that one one of these days so I will let you know if the roof gives me problems. I also had never heard of candle wraps but yours looks great and I love that you made the design yours. Nice finish!

Nancy M said...

I've had a 3D house here for over a year waiting for the roof!! LOL It just doesn't go on very well, so I don't think it's you! The garden after the weeds looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing some veggies in there soon, since our garden will be under a foot of snow soon!

Carolyn NC said...

I am completely impressed with the change in your garden! Your house is adorable and so is the candle wrap! Beautiful finishes.
PS - I'm waiting for the final installment on the Mandala :) Can't wait!

Meari said...

Pretty ornament, Gabi. Good luck with your weeds.