Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year to all my friends

First of all I would like to take the opportunity to wish all my online friends a very happy New Year. :)

To my absolute shame I have to confess that the last update of my blog site is more then a month ago. There is a very good excuse for that though. My parents are visiting from Europe and that is of course a joy. It also means that my internet time is cut down to a complete minimum because I don't want to miss out much of that precious time with them and there for I barely have the time to sit at the computer. And almost all of that little computer time is eaten up by my girls who are in Europe because we try to talk shortly with each other in my late evening/their late morning.

I do however have now again a bit more time for stitching. The Christmas and New Years stress is gone, the kids are in Europe and we often sit together in front of the tv in the evenings. Usually that time get used for stitching too. I managed to finish 2 exchange pieces - which I can't show yet, and I finished page 3 of "Coming to Life"

Coming to Life - Page 3 completed

Another good news is that Mike fixed my second magnifier lamp - which means that I can go on with the "Dragonfly Boudouir Box". That one is stitched on black and there is no way that I would be able to stitch on black without that magnifier. That's why I didn't work on it since October. Mike was too busy and had no time to fix it earlier. Thank god he did it now and he did a great job. He made a complete new foot, this time from metal, so it won't break again. I'm most happy with the result. Soon as I have page 4 of "Coming to Life finished" I will start again with the box. Pity enough I do have to change the date now. It still says 2008, so I need to frog the 8 I guess.

And there is one more good news. I got a lovely Christmas gift from Mike. He gave me several gifts - one of them was a cross stitch kit. It's called "Amsterdam" by Thea Gouverneur. It's not only a lovely picture, but for us it means precious memories too. I was suprised how big it is. It's 590 x 290 stitches. But it will be worth it. Even more because Mike loves it too.



8 comments:

Carolyn NC said...

So good to hear from you! Glad you had special time with your parents and family. Your stitching looks great and such a special gift from DH.

Sadie said...

Happy New Year to you too Gabi. It sounds like you have had a great time with your parents. What a beautiful gift from DH. I have to say, I am really looking forward to seeing the Dragonfly Box. I've never seen anything like this before. x

Gabi said...

Thank you Carolyn and Sadie. My parents still have a good time here. They do stay until mid February :)

Nancy M said...

I knew you were busy, so I haven't bugged you!! Your progress is fantastic on *life*!! Almost 4 pages already??? WOW!! Hope you continue to enjoy your parents being there to visit. I will look forward to seeing Amsterdam worked up. I love those patterns but none of them have special meaning to me yet.... so I will just enjoy seeing you stitch it!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Gabi - glad you had a good time. Your Coming to Life is very impressive, and so is the gift you received, that's going to be a gorgeous project!

Meari said...

Happy New Year, Gabi!

Gizburg's Stitchy Girl said...

Happy New Year to you as well!
"Coming to Life" is looking good and that "Amsterdam" is going to look amazing! What a nice gift!!!

Wendy said...

Happy New Year to you also! What nice projects you are doing. I will come back to visit your blog again, so I can see the progress of it. I also love to do cross stitching.