Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Susan Singleton and Emma Miles

As most of you have already heard, Nicola is celebrating a for her special year with making it a Scarlet Letter year.  What a fantastic project. Like lots of my fellow stitchers I couldn't resist and join the fun too.

And seen that I started with several friends Susan Singleton, it fits the bill quite well. Susan is just lovely, although I made some changes to her, by adding a pink for example. She is such a colorful girl - a pleasure to spend the evening hours with :)

The fellow stitchers for Susan are: TerriDeb, Sandra, Marsha, Margaret  Suzanne and Evelyne

Susan Singleton
Designer: Scarlet Letter
Fabric: 36ct Zweigart Linen Summer Khaki
Threads: Avas and NPI


I also worked a bit on Emma, before I tossed her to the side to start some other Christmas stitching.
Emma Miles
Designer: The Scarlet Letter
Fabric: 36ct Vintage Cornsilk by Lakeside Linens
Threads: AVAS silks
 
 
I'm busy with several Christmas pieces. Having a bit trouble to keep my concentration on one thing at the moment. Hopefully I will have to show more soon. :)

I want also to thank everybody who send me good wishes for our little dog Ashley. Sadly she lost her fight last month. She was happy until the last 2 days of her life. Which is a comforting thought.
 
Hopefully everybody has a great week and is good, so that Santa will bring a lot. I heard last week a song for the very first time, and can't get it out of my head anymore:
 
 
So you better be good. I'm giving it a try, hoping nobody snitched on me :)

23 comments:

Nicola said...

Dear Gabi,

I am so sorry to hear your news about Ashley. Our fur babies are so precious to us. We lost our Millie three years ago and I still miss her so much.

I am so pleased that you are stitching with me this forthcoming year and I look forward to getting to know you.

N xxx

cucki said...

i am so sorry to hear your news about Ashley...thinking of you all so much..
beautiful wip..i love them so much..
hugs and love x

Aussie Stitcher said...

Sorry to hear about your furbaby, they become such a huge part of our lives.
Your wips are looking great.

Patty C. said...

So sorry for your loss!

Vickie said...

I am so sorry about Ashley. I lost two of our dogs within a year recently, I know the loss and pain all to well.
Your projects are lovely.
You like that song hey? I used to sing that to our children when they were especially trying while they were very, very young.

Giovanna said...

So sorry to read about Ashley... hugs being sent your way. Your stitching is fabulous, as ever.

Margaret said...

Gabi, I'm so so sorry about Ashley. I know your heart is aching for her. Your Susan is looking great! I need to get back to her myself. Love your Emma too.

Carol said...

Sending hugs for the loss of your sweet Ashley--I'm sure there is a huge hole in your heart right now... I hope your beautiful stitching offers at least some comfort.

Deb said...

I'm glad to finally see someone post Susan Singleton. I haven't had time to make a post on my progress on her, but I need to change out a color or two. You will have to send me your changes. She's looking wonderful!

Emma looks wonderful as well.

And I'm so sorry to hear about Ashley. Our pets are really so precious to us.

Catherine said...

So sorry to read of your loss. It never ceases to amaze me how much they area a part of our lives. Sending hugs...

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your Emma and Susan look fabulous. I'm so jealous that you've completed all the over one bits on Emma. I still have one of the A&E to stitch and all the satin stitch in the border. I'm not sure I'll get Emma finished by the end of the year.
I'm so sorry to hear the news of Ashley. (((Gabi)))

Terri said...

Awww, I'm sorry about Ashley. It's so hard to lose our furbabies.

I am stitching in Nicola's challenge as well. I love your Emma. She's high on my "want" list.

Terri
thisisterri.com

SoCal Debbie said...

Your samplers are beautiful! Emma Miles is really lovely.

butterfly said...

So sorry about Ashly always so sad.
Love all you stitching your WIPs look wonderful.

Siobhán said...

Big hugs about Ashley. I've been thinking about you! Your WIPs are so pretty--Susan is so nice and colorful!

samplerlover said...

Hi Gabi, Susan and Emma look lovely. You are way ahead of me on Susan. I'm only up to the tree. Had issues with some of the colours. Wanted to get more done on Maria but have also been doing some Christmas stitching.

Sorry to hear about your little dog. It is always sad when we lose such special little friends. - Sandra.

Ellen said...

Susan and Emma are beautiful! I also join Nicola's Challenge, waiting for my chart and supplies to arrive!

So sorry about Ashley.

Hugs,

Dona said...

I am so sorry to hear about Ashley, but I'm glad that she happy up until the end.

Beautiful SL samplers! Love the colros in SS and EM is gorgeous!

Annette-California said...

So sorry to hear about your Ashley.
Your projects are beautiful and lovely.
Hugs love Annette

Evelyne said...

Oh, ik wist niet dat ze haar strijd verloren had! Wat zal het een leegte geven.

Je Susan is mooi en ik hoop dat de kleuren, je het sombere gevoel door het verlies van Ashley wat wegnemen.

Emma vind ik ook prachtig worden, mooie sampler ook.

Lieve groetjes, Evelyne

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Two great samplers there. I love the bright colours in the first and the lovely seasonal feel to the second. She's very popular on the blog!
So sorry for your loss too.

Anne said...

Oh Gabi, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart goes out to you. It's so hard loosing a furbaby :(


Beautiful progress on your samplers. Sarah Singleton is really bright and cheery and Emma Miles has been really growing on me to the point I think I may get this one!

Take care,

Anne

Jean said...

I love your Emma Miles, its beautiful. I need to look for it at Scarlet Letter.